Monday, May 11, 2015

Book Review /// May

 Nothing like a good book and a cup of tea!





    I started this book several weeks ago, and I really enjoyed it. I LOVE history. And I mean LOVE! There is so much knowledge to be gained from the past, and I feel we overlook it with excuses, "Its boring, that happened way back then, how does this apply to today?" But as the saying goes, "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

              Victoria's Daughters by Jerrold M. Packard

 I've always had bit of an interest in British History in general, so when I found this book at the library ( I really don't own many books, the library is definitely right up there with food and water, for me) I was really intrigued. The main focus is of course Victoria's daughters (hence the name) but I feel that this book gave a very historically accurate portrayal of the whole monarachy and life in the United Kingdom at that time. It is very well written, the authors use of words was PHENOMANAL! There are pictures also of the family which really helps to put these people in perspective as real human beings, not just characters from the past.

I feel like I had a very strong education, and since I've finished school that I've kinda slacked off on my reading material. And this was just the ticket! If you're interested in this sort of reading material, I highly recommend this book. I would also love any book suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete